Thursday, May 04, 2006

project headcam


objective:

how about slapping your camcorder to your head?
the idea came to me when i wanted to make videos of me and my friends riding down the slopes on our snowboards.

challenges/procedure:
on my regular bike/rollerblade helmet, i looped a nylon strap through the holes and around the camera and cinched it in place.
the problem was, it was a bit "top heavy", and after wearing it for a few minutes during a testing phase within the comfort of my home, i felt a little bit dizzy from all the head weight. And that's just from walking around in my house, nevermind being on the slopes with this thing.

features:
i had wanted to put some cushioning around it, plus, somehow make it waterproof. but after a brief trial period at home, i just scraped the whole idea altogether.

summary:
Project headcam, failed!

1 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Blogger mulaohu said...

Perhaps not failed, rather - under revision.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

email me @ wolfiebites@yahoo.com